How To Gain Admission Without JAMB
Have you heard of ADMISSION WITHOUT JAMB? JAMB is NOT the only gateway to a higher institution in Nigeria. Every year candidates who failed to be admitted through JAMB usually give up any hope of securing admission for that particular academic year hoping to wait till next year to write another JAMB exam.
Now, if you happen to be in this situation right now, it does not mean that all hope of securing admission this year is gone. You can still secure admission without JAMB. Yes! You got me right. I will outline and explain these other ways of gaining admission so you can make the choice that is best for you.
How To Gain Admission Without JAMB
1. National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN): Yoy may have heard about the Open University of Nigeria. You do not require JAMB to gain admission into the Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). One advantage of the Open University is that there is nothing like a school going on strike. The major disadvantage is that their graduates are not allowed to participate in NYSC. Though the management of the university is working to resolve this issue with the government. So hopefully soon, they will be allowed to participate in NYSC. So if you will like to enrol in NOUN, visits their official website: http://nouedu.net/ to know the courses available and locate the closest study centre nationwide.
2. IJMB/JUPEB/Diploma/A-Level Programmes: IJMB stands for Interim Joint Matriculation Board. IJMB is an Advanced-Level (A-Level) Course, which you take for 9 months, after which you take a final exam that gives you a certificate. This certificate can then be used to apply for Direct entry admission into 200 Level in any university of your choice. JUPEB stands for Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB).
3. Pre-degree/Remedial Programmes: Pre-degree/Remedial/Foundation Programmes are offered by many universities and is designed to support candidates who do not meet certain requirements for admission. After completing the programme which usually lasts for 7-12 months, the successful candidates are admitted into relevant undergraduate degree courses in the school they did the programme. We usually update information on Pre-degree/Remedial/Foundation Programmes admissions and sales of forms.
4. Part-time/Weekend/Evening Programmes: Almost all universities offer part-time degree programmes. The part-time degree programmes are just the same with full time degree programmes (That is admission through JAMB) in terms of the certificate. The differences are that, not all courses are offered in a part-time programme, part-time programmes take an extra year and finally, part-time graduates do not go for the National Youth Service Corps.
5. Study Abroad: Schools outside Nigeria do not require you to have JAMB result before you can be admitted. I know many students that JAMB ha frustrated countless and they have no option than to move to Ghana for their higher education. The thing however is that it is quite expensive studying abroad. So this option is for those who can afford it unless you are able to get a scholarship.
What Are The Requirements To Gain Admission Without JAMB Into These Programmes
- UNIBEN Orders Students to resume, Cancels N20,000 Late Registration fee - September 18, 2021
- Post-UTME: List Of Schools Selling Forms 2021/2022 - September 17, 2021
- NECO GCE Form and Registration Details for Nov/Dec SSCE 2021 - September 16, 2021
READ ALSO 👇
Copyright © 2019 - | NgEduSchoolNews