- Categories: O'Level News
Tips For Preparation For WAEC/NECO Physics Practicals Examination
There are three major area on consistent basics WAEC/NECO has been examining the scientific skills in students. They are: Mechanics, Optics, Electricity.
– Pendulum bob experiment (Simple Harmonic Motion)
– Moment of forces
– Parallelogram law of vectors
– Hooke’s law
– Relative density
Apparatus: Retort stand, boss head, Meter rule (100cm), Stop clock, Thread, Slotted masses, Beaker, Water, Kerosene, Pendulum Bob, Stool/Table, G-clamp, F –clamp, Rough surfaces.
– Ray box experiment
– Mirror experiment (Reflection)
– Rectangular glass block (refraction)
– Triangle prism (refraction)
Apparatus: Ray box, concave lens, convex lens of focal length between 15cm-20cm,
Screen, Meter rule, Rectangular glass block, Triangular glass block, Board, A-4 papers, Optical pins,Thumb pins, Cello tape, Touch light.
– The use of potentiometer
– The use of meter bridge
– Experiment to prove ohm’s law
Apparatus: Battery 2v-3v, connecting-wires, key/switch, Cello tape, Ammeter, Voltmeter, Standard resistor, Variable resistor, Galvanometer, Constantine wire, Rheostat, Jockey, Meter rule.
– ANALYSIS SKILL
– INTERPRETATION OF TASKS SKILL
– ARRANGEMENT OF RAW DATA GIVEN
– OBSERVATION SKILL
– INFERENTIAL JUDGEMENT
– CALCULATIONS SKILL
– UNDERSTANDING OF CONCEPT AND THEORY TAUGHT
– DEDUCTION SKILL
– EVALUATION SKILL
My counsel is to use 1HR 15MINUTES EACH for each question
15 MINUTES REMAINING TO DO CORRECTION. You are to do two practical out of three. Each is 25 Marks.
PRACTICALS – 50 Marks,
OBJ – 50 Marks,
ESSAY – 60 Marks
Any school with science students enrolled for practical physics examination that is less than 100 will do alternative A, Any school with science students above 100 will be divided into two. One part between 1-100 will do alternative A and the other ones will do alternative B.
– The physics teacher/instructor to have a view of what is expected from the school in terms of apparatus needed for the practicals. So if the school does not have the apparatus, He or she is to inform the necessary authority of things needed so as to make adequate preparation or to improvise for such apparatus if it is not available in the market. And if the apparatus is available the designated teacher (physics teacher) is to do the needful by getting those apparatus ready and making sure the students familiarise with the apparatus by doing practicals related to the use of such apparatus before the practical physics examination.
1. You are to take to the examination venue: Mathematical set, 30cm ruler, calculator, overall, wristwatch.
2. Use pencil instead of biro for your answers. Reason is:
1. To correct mistakes with the use of biro will make your answer sheet untidy and unpresentable
2. If you make mistakes with pencil you can use eraser to correct it and your work will still look presentable.
- UNIBEN Orders Students to resume, Cancels N20,000 Late Registration fee - September 18, 2021
- Post-UTME: List Of Schools Selling Forms 2021/2022 - September 17, 2021
- NECO GCE Form and Registration Details for Nov/Dec SSCE 2021 - September 16, 2021